They are used to cover the front of unattractive teeth that may be chipped, damaged, or misaligned.
Porcelain veneers improve the shape, size, and the length of your teeth by filling the gaps between them.
Porcelain veneers are used to:
- Restore the natural colour of teeth that resist to regular teeth whitening
- Rehabilitate the shape of the teeth (e.g. chipped, cracked, broken teeth)
- Close the gaps between teeth
- Add length to worn teeth caused by teeth grinding
- Straighten misaligned or crooked teeth
- Correct stained teeth that can’t be treated with traditional whitening
If the appearance of your teeth is problematic, getting porcelain veneers may be the quickest, cheapest, and safest solution.
Deer Park Dental Surgery will help you achieve a whiter and brighter smile. Here are some advantages to help you decide on getting your veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are made durable, so they last for a long time.
- They don’t stain as quickly as natural teeth.
- The colour can be adjusted according to the natural colour of the teeth.
- They look and feel natural.
- Porcelain is a biocompatible material; it doesn’t harm surrounding tissues.
If the above mentioned advantages made you decide to get porcelain veneers, here are the procedures you will undergo during the process:
Consultation and Diagnosis. The first step in the process of getting porcelain veneers is visiting your dentist for consultation. Tell your dentist about the results you want to achieve.
Your dentist will examine you to make sure that you are qualified to get porcelain veneers. If so, your dentist will discuss the procedure you are going to undergo.
Preparation. To prepare you for the veneers, your dentist will remove a layer of your tooth enamel, which is the equivalent thickness of the porcelain veneer to be added to the surface of the teeth.
Next, your dentist will prepare an impression of your teeth. This mould will be sent to the dental laboratory, where your veneers are made. Usually, it takes 2-4 weeks before your dentist receives the veneers from the laboratory.
Bonding. In your next appointment with your dentist, your veneers will be attached to your teeth. But before that, your dentist will repeatedly fit and trim your veneers to make sure that they fit perfectly to your teeth.
Next, your teeth will be prepared by cleaning, polishing, and roughening. This allows the teeth to attach securely to the veneer. The veneer is then placed on your tooth using special cement.
Once placed on the teeth, your dentist will harden the cement by using a curing light. Excess cement will be removed, and final adjustments will be made. Your dentist might recommend you come back for a follow-up visit to examine the veneer’s placement.
Care For Your Porcelain Veneers
To take care of your porcelain veneers, continue following your oral hygiene routine, including brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash.
Remember that, just like your natural teeth, your veneers will break if you bite on hard objects. Avoid using your teeth as a tool for opening objects.
Porcelain Veneers at Deer Park Dental Surgery
If you want to achieve a whiter and brighter smile, porcelain veneers may be right for you!
Deer Park Dental Surgery offers dental treatments that suit the needs and goals of patients residing in Deer Park and the surrounding areas.
Learn more about porcelain veneers and call us at (03) 9360 4417. We are located at T097A Brimbank Shopping Centre Neale Road in Deer Park.
- Same day emergency appointments are available upon request
- All insurances are accepted with HICAPS. We a preferred provider for HCF and NIB
We are located in a busy medical centre in Brimbank Shopping Centre with plenty of cafes and shops nearby.
Easily accessible via public transportation (bus stop within walking distance)